99 Tahoe LT question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello new member here with a 99 Tahoe LT and the doorlocks both passenger and drivers door switches wont work they both get power and I can jump them and the locks will work ?? is there a door lock control module??

I also unplugged the wire harness from the drivers side door via the kick panel (by the ebrake) and jumped it there and had all the switches including the hatch release working

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe there is a main relay, sound like bad switch. when u jumped out the switch all locks worked at once, or you had to tryeach one seperately to see if they worked ?

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well there is power to the switch it works as far as using a test light to see if there isd power when you click unlock or lock I am not sure which wire was jumped but when it was jumped everything works and when you unplug the door harness down by the ebrake its the same thing

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a door lock control module??

SmokyDig

Reaction score
Yes there is a door lock module part number 12135083 however if you bypassed the switch and it works sounds to me either you have a bad switch or bad ground. Most likely the switch.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok but one switch would kill all buttons including rear hatch release?? when I did the test light open and closed power so switch is good and when jumper was used all switches and rear hatch release worked so I could only think it would be the door lock control modue?? any other ideas?

Yes there is a door lock module part number 12135083 however if you bypassed the switch and it works sounds to me either you have a bad switch or bad ground. Most likely the switch.

SmokyDig

Reaction score
sorry bout that i must have mis-read your original post........i thought you bypassed one problem switch and it worked.....but i now see you were referring to both switches not working but when bypassed they work...

....So when you connect a test lamp from CKT 540 (ORN) from the left power door lock switch connector to ground.
Does the test lamp light? If yes then

Connect a test lamp between CKT 150 (BLK) at cavities B and E the left power door lock switch connector to B+.

Does the test lamp light at both places?

Just trying to help you go through the processes to help narrow down the issue

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This diagnostic should only be used if all door lock motors are inoperative from all switches.

Has the Power Door Locks System Check been performed?
--
Go to Step 2
Go to Power Door Locks System Check

Connect a J 35616-200 test lamp between CKT 640 (ORN) at LF door lock switch and ground.

Does test lamp light?
--
Go to Step 3
Go to Step 14

Gain access to the Door Lock Relay.
Connect a J 35616-200 test lamp between CKT 540 (ORN) and ground.
Does test lamp light?
--
Go to Step 4
Go to Step 15

Connect a J 39200 DMM, set on Ohms, between CKT 150 (BLK) at Door Lock Relay and ground.

Is there continuity?
--
Go to Step 5
Go to Step 16

Connect a J 35616-200 test lamp between CKT 294 (TAN) at Door Lock Relay and ground.
Move LF Door Lock Switch to the UNLOCK position.
Does test lamp light?
--
Go to Step 6
Go to Step 9

Connect a J 35616-200 test lamp between CKT 295 (GRY) and ground.
Move LF Door Lock Switch to the LOCK position.
Does the test lamp light?
--
Go to Step 7
Go to Step 10

Connect a J 39200 DMM, set on Ohms, between CKT 295 (GRY) at Door Lock Relay and ground and CKT 294 (TAN) and ground.

Is there continuity in both positions?
--
Go to Step 8
Go to Step 13

Repair open in CKT 294 (TAN) or CKT 295 (GRY) between Door Lock Relay and door lock motors. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Is the repair complete?
--
--

Connect a J 35616-200 test lamp between CKT 194 (WHT) and ground.
Move LF Door Lock Switch to the UNLOCK position.
--
Go to Step 11
Go to Step 12

Connect a J 35616-200 test lamp between CKT 195 (LT BLU) and ground.
Move the LF Door Lock Switch to the lock position.
--
Go to Step 11
Go to Step 13

Replace the Door Lock Relay.

Is the repair complete?
--
--

Repair open in CKT 194 (WHT) between Door Lock Switches and Door Lock Relay. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Is the repair complete?
--
--

Repair open in CKT 195 (LT BLU) between Door Lock Switches and Door Lock Relay. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Is the repair complete?
--
--

Repair open in CKT 640 (ORN) between I/P Fuse Block and Door Lock Switches. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Do the door locks function properly?
--
Go to Step 3

Repair open in CKT 540 (ORN) between I/P Fuse Block and Door Lock Relay. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

--
Go to Step 4

Repair open in CKT 150 (BLK) between Door Lock Relay and G202. Refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

--
Go to Step 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 377454
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOW thats great info I will post the results sunday (I cant do it till saturday LOL)