Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge - Very Slick!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pincusa

Reaction score
I'll start by saying this - I use my Tahoe to pull my car trailer, so I've wanted a trans temp gauge for a while. I realize that this is most likey a pan temp, but it's better then nothing.

With that being said, if you haven't seen the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, it's super slick! Here's the link It plugs into the ODB2 port by your left knee, and that's the only connection. No running wires for power feeds and things. It will output just about every piece of info you could think of or that the computer has. So far I've been driving around looking at O2, knock, oil pressure, fuel trim, etc. I've been having a great time playing around monitoring things and trying to get a baseline to tell when things are trending out of whack.

I don't know how well the scan for DTC works. I was at the dealer a month ago for the Serice 4WD dash error. So I'm guessing there are some codes to pull. But the gauge comes back with nothing. Play more with that later...

I searched and couldn't find anything on keywords 'Aeroforce' nor 'Interceptor' Do other people have this gauge?

Next is mounting it. I'm looking for suggestions of what single pod to use to mount it. Anyone have any?

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
If you just wanted a tranny temp gauge, you can install an Escalade cluster and have it reset for you vin.

You can also send your cluster off to some guy on ebay and he will convert it to Escalade specs for $250

Either way that is a pretty neat device.

Dynamo

Reaction score
I think the Silverado SS cluster (white guage faces) has the tranny temp guage too.

+1 on it being a cool device though. :)

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had 2 of these installed in my srt4. and they covered every gauge you could think of. the gauges cycled through every 15 seconds and they worked perfect. if i ever boost the hoe ill be running this gauge again

pincusa

Reaction score
You guys are right. Yes, I could have modified the current gauge cluster to include a trans temp. The total cost came to around $160 + my time (and of course some risk of something else going wrong).
I could also mount an Autometer temp gauge on the trans fluid output, and it would be a more accurate trans temp. It might cost a little less, but it's more labor and a little more dirty to install.

The Aeroforce gauge is easy to install, does more, and since I got it on Ebay for $182, it was basically the same price as the cluster modification.

This might be the best LCD display gauge that I've seen. It's still very easy to read in bright sunlight.

I can post some pictures, but it's the same as what you see on the web site. It is fun to have the HP read out while you're driving! (I'm not 100% sure how it's calculating it though) It really does show you almost all the data coming off the engine / trans.

So does anyone have a suggestion for a gauge pod or where to get one? Summit Racing?

Last edited: