Aftermarket Amp install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

car-15

Reaction score
Hello, I am a total noob when it comes to aftermarket audio. I have done some searching here and at other sites and I have a question.

How do you get audio signal to the amp from the factory Bose navigation head unit? I take it that the amp requires a RCA style input? Anyone here that could walk me through a step-by-step?

Thanks in advance and I hope someone can help me out!

My Tahoe is a 2007 LTZ with nav and RSE package. I just want to add an amp an 2 10" subs in a box.

Xclusive

Reaction score
if you go to pac audios website you will be able to find a add on amp harness for the tahoe. If not you have to purchase a hign/low converter and hook it up to the output side of the bose amp.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need this harness. It will connect to your factory head unit and give you the required rca outputs.

car-15

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate it! I will be tackling this come springtime. I am sick as hell of the cold weather.

BRING ON SPRING!!!!!

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need this harness. It will connect to your factory head unit and give you the required rca outputs.

Just curious....it says you can add a 4 channel amp with this harness....what if I have a 2 Channel amp???? Do I just use 1 pair of the 2 RCA's???

car-15

Reaction score
Just curious....it says you can add a 4 channel amp with this harness....what if I have a 2 Channel amp???? Do I just use 1 pair of the 2 RCA's???

I am pretty sure that it works that way. I believe one set of RCA's are labeled "Sub" or something like that.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Your CD player/radio put out stereo sound. Your head unit splits that between front and rear into 4 channels so you can fade front to back and side to side. You can just use 2 of those for a 2 channel amp. I plan on ditching the rear speakers when I redo my Tahoe's sound system with a 4 channel amp, two for the front speakers and two bridged for a sub. When I fade to the rear my sub level will go up and to the front my speaker level will go up. It all depends on how you have it connected. Hope that helps.

b's07hoe

Reaction score
i have the pac aoem gm1416 for sale. I hooked it up but never connected an amp. give a reasonable price and shipping and ill let it go.

edit*
just saw what i spent so how's 40 shipped