Aftermarket Kenwood DNX7100 and Dimmer light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a Kenwood DNX7100 navi installed in my 06 Tahoe and the dimmer light does not come on when the lights come on at night. When I had my stock radio in the truck the dimmer light would come on when the lights were on and then brighten up when the lights are out. Everything seems plugged and installed properly...Is there any way for the dimmer to work with the aftermarket unit?

S

scott_mckinney

Hi. Did you use a wiring installation kit? This would have solved your problem with a direct plug and play harness... Let me know if you need one.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. Did you use a wiring installation kit? This would have solved your problem with a direct plug and play harness... Let me know if you need one.

Is this the same wiring kit that allows me to keep my door chimes and onstar capability?

S

scott_mckinney

Hi. Yes, it is available with or without Onstar modules.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a wiring harness the GMAH24B that's installed in my truck, but the shop that installed it put the wrong harness I think. I'm going there tomorrow to put in the right one, because my door chimes don't work either.

I think the wiring harness that works for my 2006 Tahoe is Metra VT-GMOS-04. Is this the same one you're talking about?

Once the proper harness is installed the dimmer light, and the door chimes should work, right? Or is there a seperate harness that you are talking about?

By the way....NICE RIDE!!

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fault...I accidentally posted in the wrong forum (year). Thank's for responding though

S

scott_mckinney

Hi. Yes, there are several different harnesses with different options... Email me and we can discuss.