Air Bag Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flynhigher

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon and do a lot of towing. The trailer of choice is a 2 horse straight load horse trailer. This trailer squats my Yukon about 4 inches with my weight distribution hitch and no horses. The horses actually stand directly over the axles and dont seem to increase the tongue weight when added.

I believe that my best option would be to purchase suspension airbags.

Does anybody have any experience with airbags or maybe even other suggestions?

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would look at the air lift bags. They go inside the rear springs. They will allow you to help keep the rear end level.

flynhigher

Reaction score
Thanks,

I have ordered a set of Firestone Coil-Rite Air Helper Springs. They are supposed to be in today. They were only $99 for the pair.

I will let you know what they are like to install and if they resolved my issue.

Thanks for the input.

flynhigher

Reaction score
The Air Bags were in fact very easy to install. And yes they resolved almost of of my issues with squat. I also pull a 16' enclosed trailer that had the same effect on the Yukon.

For $99 you cant beat it. The Yukon is actually my wifes and she uses it for her business. She is very fussy about how her truck drives and that it cant drive like truck. This is particularly funny to me because we use the enclosed trailer for her business and the horses are hers too. The ride was virtually unchanged.

joetm

Reaction score
i think i have the auto leveling but i cant figure out hown it off n on tho ... i see the message that it is off on the screen though

joetm

Reaction score
^^^ it said one time when i put my key in "stabilizer off" or something like that for a split second on the tach...???

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya mean Autoride and StabiliTrak, which are 2 different things, right?

joetm

Reaction score
well how do i turn it off or on ... be i believe my tach said stabilitrac off the one time i was parked on a hill and got in to start it??!

Thanks in advance

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stabilitrak- when the truck senses traction slippage at one or more wheels, particularly in a lateral (sideways) skid, the computer will add individual braking and also engine torque to counter the action and bring the vehicle back under driver control. There is a switch between the power outlets on the dash where you can turn it off if you're... practicing drifting, for example. It is off also when the E-brake is on, and probably when the vehicle is on certain inclines. When you see it lighting the dash, that is just all lights checking in upon ignition.

Autoride- This is a rear suspension added system on LTZ's and I don't know which Yukons; It mechanically adds height to the rear suspension when it is dragging, say when the back is laden with weight. Not sure how many model years back, but right now it also does I think a 30 millisecond automatic adjustment to the shock dampening, to compensate for road conditions, etc. So within a few seconds and over various road conditions it can make the rear suspension damp stiff or soft many times and back again.