Am I Crazy Or is My Driver's Seat Moving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EchoBravo

Reaction score
I'm in an '07 Tahoe LS. It being the base model, I'm 99% sure I don't have any kind of power seat memory feature. Yet about every 3rd time I go to get in my truck, the driver's power seat is moved almost all the way up.

No-one else is driving my truck on these days. I get home from work and park in the garage. The Tahoe sits. Hours later I go back and open the door... And the seat has moved.

Why?

For what it's worth, I have RTFM and I can't find a reason/solution there.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might have something to do with your DIC settings for the Easy Exit feature and the fact that you might only have one of the two memory seat recall buttons set.

I had this problem when I first got mine and it even stumped the salesmen at the dealership. What I figured out was you need to set both memory seat buttons 1 and 2 on the door, like one for you and one for the wife. If you don't want the easy exit feature enabled, go into the DIC settings and turn it off. What the easy exit does is when you turn it off, the seat goes all the way back for "easy exit". Same thing will happen when you use key fob to unlock door - seat will go all the way back.

When I didn't have the 2nd memory recall button set, when I would press the key fob to unlock the door, the seat would go all the way forward. I would have to press the memory 1 button to get it to go back to where I wanted it.

Hope this helps and solves your problems. Enjoy your new truck!!!

EchoBravo

Reaction score
Only problem with that explanation is that I don't have memory functions or Easy Exit. I'm rockin' the LS, the base model. I have a power driver's seat, yes, but no buttons for memory. Will have to double check the DIC for Easy Exit, but I don't remember ever seeing that option.

EchoBravo

Reaction score
*** CAUGHT IT IN THE ACT ***

- Backed into the garage until sonar told me I was done.
- Got out and left keys in ignition, as always.
- Wasn't in quite far enough, so I got back in and started the Tahoe.
- The seat started moving forward... And moving forward... And kept on moving forward...
- I literally had to get out of the way, as the seat moved ALL THE WAY FORWARD.
- I then manually moved it back to where I need it to be.

After that Christine movie moment, I could NOT make the behavior repeat. I went through every option on the D.I.C. (three times) and there is no option for seat memory or Easy Exit.

Thoughts?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry buddy, I think Christine wants you dead! :leaving:

Seriously though, it sounds like it could be a body control module problem -- definitely take it to the dealer for service...

Last edited:

djnsmith7

Reaction score
I'm not an expert, but that doesn't sound normal...I would have the dealership check it out...