Another Towing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leojang

Reaction score
Sup Guys?
I got 07 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 and planning on Driving across the country with enclosed trailer.
I never drove that far with the trailer, and wanted to get some comments from pros and experienced drivers with the trailer.
My questions are...

I'm thinking about getting a transmission cooler but Dealer told me I can't install because I have luxury package?

How is the mileage with trailer? So I can figure out the stops to make.
I figure combined weight would be lil over 7000

What changes do you suggest to make the towing easier?

Thanks in advance

Leo

BOWTIEMAN

Reaction score
I would look into a trans cooler as thats what im fixing to do as well.I pull a 4K pound boat and the temps will be hovering around 220 degs with it being 90 degs outside. So far i have found the plate style is better than the aluminum fin style.I dont see where any package level would keep you from being able to add one.

GHR2

Reaction score
I just had the rear end replaced in my 2007 Yukon, 4WD w/3.73 gears. Had towed a Pace box trailer several times to Texas and back. Tech said the flat front of the trailer provided a high wind load on vehicle. He said they are changing front and rear diff fluid from the stock 75w-90 synth to 75w-140 synth for better lubrication and heat resistence under heavy loads.

JonesT

Reaction score
Did the dealer further explain besides the fact that you have a luxury package why they can't install a transmission cooler? Was this when you bought the Tahoe new? You should be able to have a mechanic install an aftermarket cooler on it and I would do it just to be safe. Are you mainly pulling enclosed trailers or are you also pulling utility trailers or boats or other towables?

Last edited: