any thoughts on a system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory slot in the trunk is pretty small. What some people have suggested is ordering a custom box that's made to take the place of that sub location. After being painted, it would look stock besides having a 12" hole to fit a more sizable sub. They exist on the net but are fairly expensive. I think they run $350.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory location in the back only fits an 8" sub. I chose to replace mine with JL sub, combined with a stealth box in my center console that houses a 10" sub. I wanted to keep the factory look, but have a bit more sound behind it. These two subs together sound pretty descent and give me the bass output I was looking for. I'm not necessarily going to win any SPL contests, but that wasn't my objective either. Coupled with my two sets of components, it has a nice clean sound. What I would recommend reallly depends on what you're looking to get out of your set-up.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory location in the back only fits an 8" sub. I chose to replace mine with JL sub, combined with a stealth box in my center console that houses a 10" sub. I wanted to keep the factory look, but have a bit more sound behind it. These two subs together sound pretty descent and give me the bass output I was looking for. I'm not necessarily going to win any SPL contests, but that wasn't my objective either. Coupled with my two sets of components, it has a nice clean sound. What I would recommend reallly depends on what you're looking to get out of your set-up.

how do you like that stealth box? i had been thinking about pickin one up but haven't pulled the trigger yet. what amp are you runnin with that? tia

mort2380

Reaction score

i was thinking of having both sub set up like you are saying. thanks for the info

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you like that stealth box? i had been thinking about pickin one up but haven't pulled the trigger yet. what amp are you runnin with that? tia

I like the stealth box. It has a nice sound to it. As I eluded to in the previous post, it works great for someone who wants to keep the factory look, but have a bit more bass.
I run one Clarion amp to both my 8" and 10" subs. It's been a while since I've looked at it since my Tahoe is currently being painted, but I think I'm running something like the APX 1301. I'm really don't remember to be honest. The subs could definitley handle more power, but with my other amp for the components and my DVD player under the rear seat, it doesn't leave a lot of room for much of a larger amp. My objective was to hide everything and not have anything out in the open. If I end up moving my DVD player, I might get something larger to give it more power.