Anybody Find a Cure for the Peeling Radio Buttons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that happen on the 06. where my nav and band and Conf buttons were toast. my gm dealer reccommended they refinish it to the tune of 300 dollars, this was a week before i traded it and i new i was gunna so i just told then no and just make sure its in top mechnical condition then.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm debating whether to just throw a factory nav system in there, but the dealer wants $2300 for it out the door and I don't want to put that much into this one since I hardly drive it.

MyBlkBurban

Reaction score
I used black BBQ paint (the high temp stuff with the BBQ picture on the can ) . Sprayed it into a small dixie cup and then with a q tip tried it out on the buttons. it Works great!! matches almost perfectly and has almost the identical texture and 'flat' matted color to it... needed 3 coats and no light goes through them even when it's night out and they are lit up. Looks great IMO

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUPLICOLOR & a Little Brush- dont forget to let it dry.
I feel so stupid for the navigation offer I once got, I got a nav system the original gm one for 50 bucks plugged it in and it was locked. Took it back to the dude that sold it to me and he sold it again but the next guy got it unlocked for 50 buck at the dealership. damm 100 dollars and I would had the orginal navigation with all the original features instead of the $1,200 i paid for the D3