Autoride Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe2Vegas

Reaction score
I am installing new Autoride shocks that I am getting from Arnott ($199 each). My question is how do I check to see if the compressor is working correctly??

Thanks

aero993

Reaction score
When my autoride system was working. You could hear the compressor when the truck first started.

Tahoe2Vegas

Reaction score
I've had my tahoe for about six months...and don't think I have ever heard it come on. Any way to test it?

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure about testing it but i just seen that you only paid $199 each for the shocks. Man that is a good deal, when I had to replace mine they were around $500 a pop from the stealership. Are those just like the OEM or are there some differences? if you had a link that would be great. Thanks. oh and sorry i couldnt help with the question at hand

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can hear it if you have the windows down. It will (should) run for about 20 secs. Maybe have someone else start the car and you go out back to listen?

Tahoe2Vegas

Reaction score
Tried it. I Don't hear a thing. So does that mean it's bad...or could there be a blown fuse???

m@76

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue on my 02 Tahoe. I ordered the compressor from Arnott, but have not tried to install it yet. What was your outcome?

87gtNOS

Reaction score
hmm, I have an 02 with autoride also....I just bought it a few weeks ago. I don't believe I have ever heard any compressor either.....what kind of sound should I hear?

THOLL223

Reaction score
hmm, I have an 02 with autoride also....I just bought it a few weeks ago. I don't believe I have ever heard any compressor either.....what kind of sound should I hear?

Basically sounds like a tiny little air compressor. It know, simple. But that is it. When mine worked! :cuss:

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to the back on the passennger side right after you start it you should hear the compressor kick on.

87gtNOS

Reaction score
yeah, I'm an AcDelco distributor...pic shows my 02 on the left also...I've never heard it on!!!

I'll go look at lunch time.

$450 cost.....sheesh

Does anyone know if there would be a diagnostic procedure for this issue?
I found the fuse for it under the hood...looks fine.

oh geez...I got the damn thing in stock!!!!

Last edited:

87gtNOS

Reaction score

oh geez...I got the damn thing in stock!!!!

Alright...I put the rear left tire up on the curb....should something have happened?
No sound whatsoever from the compressor...I even put my hand on it. It seems dead!

THOLL223

Reaction score

You found the fuse, I tried. Can't figure out which one it is. How was it marked, nothing in there seems to correspond to the compressor.

87gtNOS

Reaction score
You found the fuse, I tried. Can't figure out which one it is. How was it marked, nothing in there seems to correspond to the compressor.

It's a 30 amp fuse...under the hood (driver's side) in that box full of fuses! It's marked ADR, or something like that. If I remember correctly, it's in a group of about 6 fuses....

I will be down at my truck putting on ventshades in about an hour...I'll try to remember to look for you.