AutoRide Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward Williams

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been reading a lot of the posts in hopes I wouldn't have to make a thread to ask this question. But here I am.

I had all 4 of my tires replaced recently on my 2001 GMC Yukon Denali XL and my AutoRide no longer works. Well, I no longer here that, what used to be, annoying buzzing sound when I start my vehicle. I've had this truck for 6 years and the only problem I've had is I had to replace the power steering pump once. Well, the silence from not hearing the AutoRide leveling my truck suspension is more annoying than having to hear it. :)

Is there a way to fix this, to turn the AutoRide back on? Is there a switch or something. I had all 4 wheels replaced because of a flat I had on the front passenger side. But really, it was time for new tires. :)

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Edward Williams

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know for sure, but maybe when they were putting the tires back on they bumped a sensor for the pump. Hopefully it didnt go out on you, its an expensive piece! hopefully someone else might have some better answers for you

Edward Williams

Reaction score
Dont know for sure, but maybe when they were putting the tires back on they bumped a sensor for the pump. Hopefully it didnt go out on you, its an expensive piece! hopefully someone else might have some better answers for you

Thanks Puckhead. Looking forward to any information I can get.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know if you fixed your problem yet but there are a few threads here that might have some more infor for you. Its worth searching for if you havent fixed the problem yet

Edward Williams

Reaction score
Dont know if you fixed your problem yet but there are a few threads here that might have some more infor for you. Its worth searching for if you havent fixed the problem yet

No, I still have the problem. Thanks for checking with me. I've searched this site and other sites but still do not have a solution yet. Discount Tires is no help. They sent me to a place that did not even know how to work on my vehicle. So I'm still looking.

If you happen to find any links I'd appreciate it if you could post them. Thanks!

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My next bet would be to take it to a shop and have them test the pump and make sure it isnt blown. Thats what happened to mine. From there, if it is blown all you gotta do is replace it. Other wise I dunno. Have a shop you trust take a look at it. If you dont know of one I guess the Stealership is your next option.

phonedrn8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just finished up autoride replacement of all 4 shocks and air compressor $1000.00 still rides kinda the same ??????????

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start with the basics. There has to be a fuse or relay somewhere for the power to the autoride air compressor. Find it and make sure its not blown. From there locate the compressor and run 12 volts to it.

tthomps

Reaction score
Pump

I'm having a very similar issue on my '04 Denali. Have to replace the air compressor pump according to the stealership.

I'm curious though, with your issue - was there no error indication reporting the 'ride control system' having problems or needing to be serviced? Mine indicated as much.

phonedrn8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My compressor went out ringing like a cow bell and the shocks were worn leaking air so I just diceded to change all of them