Baking head lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone figured out how to do this secessfully with the 07-08 tahoe i hate that stupid amber light on the side and i think it looks bad with just paint over it ... has anyone figured this out please help guys, post pictures and instructions
1!!!

chadlewis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easiest way to do it is buy a dremel and cut the lights open then seal them back up with silicone...ive seen dozens of pictures of sierras and silverados done this way.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a pretty involved procedure... might be worth it tho ill let you know how it goes ill post pics up in the beginging of january when i get the wheels and everything done!

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've cut open my silverado lights and cleared them but they eventually got moisture in them. I'm gonna blackout my orange reflectors in the next day or two so I'll post up a how to here when I'm done.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, they were saying that you can bake out the Yukon housing, but the Tahoe one should be cut. Something about the glue needing a temp. high enough to melt the housing maybe, though I'm not sure why they would be so different. I know I'd rather bake than cut.