Battery Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either I havent been looking in the right area or it has yet to be asked:

I have an Optima Red Top battery in my Tahoe and the terminals are hooked up on the side post. Once in a while the postive bettery terminal will loosen up resulting a poor connection. My question: Is it best to have the battery terminals connected on the top post or side post?

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those side mounts don't come loose by themselves. Look for a reason. The positive cable must be moving somehow.

It doesn't matter which connections you use to the battery. I assume your Tahoe has the side mount connectors on the cables. Rather than buying the adapters to the top posts I would come up with a way to make sure the cable cannot move. I would bet that would solve your problem.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking into it I made sure the Battery was fasten down to the tray and that the post were nice and tight. I will mention that when I do park in the stall I do have to go through the alley in the back which isnt exactly a smooth ride.