BATTERY??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lately it seems like my headlights are rather dim, could a weak battery be the problem? it maintains a 14v on the dash, but it seems like the alt. is kicking on more often. anyone know of a good company that makes screw in battery (sidepost)? also could the big 3 help in this? TIA

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yellow top optima, best battery around DONE. you will need a battery like this for the big three since it has both side and top posts. good luck.

Last edited:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the dimming headlights? whats your take on that?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yellowtop and aem the day after I bought my truck, still need to do the big3 but my lights don't dim with my tiny stereo and the 2ga I ran for the amp. You'll pick up some mileage and no more dimmage too.
IMG00192.jpg

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i want to reiterate my previous statment, they dont like flicker and dim they are constantly dim. battery still?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm I'd have it checked at an autozone to see if you're grounding out somewhere, alternator may be taking a sh*t too.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy some dope stinger side and top post terminals when you do the big3 too, I'm a lazy pile of crap or I would have done mine already.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by "grounding out"? like i have a bad ground?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are they dimming with your HIDS or halagons??

if they are dimming with HIDs i would suspect its your kit. if you are, try with halagons and see if they do. if its halagons i would suspect your alternator is about to take a S$it. if it did, upgrade to a larger one like 250 or 300 amp. i have a 200 amp and plan to upgrade to a 300 amp very soon. so then i can install all those aux lights sitting in my garage.