Before I do the Dual Exhaust......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys please post some replys here. Got my 97 Tahoe just waiting to get some goodies on it. Ive done the throttle body spacer, performance plugs wires cap n rotor, fuel filter, and all the O2 sensors. I still want to get Dual Exhaust but not sure what I should do before this is done. :confused2:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have a muffler shop build you a custom y-pipe and full exhaust with high flow cats, just make sure you use a long muffler and run it out the side or sides if you are doing a dual system as these trucks don't have much sound deadening under the cargo area (loud!).

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
out the back is quieter inside the vehicle. but out the sides looks way cooler. i think im gonna do angled down off the corner of the bumper for a little of both =)

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a k&n will help your air flow especially in combo with a custom exhaust.

SeanEboy

Reaction score
Well, depends on your location.. Rain, or snow?

My experience, with exhaust.. I live in the Northeast, so we have salt, harsh weather, on the roads. The salt used in snow/ice, is the worst thing possible for the truck... I choose to run the exhaust, tight right around the hitch, because otherwise corrosion might occur, from the tires spitting up chit off the road... Also, I kind of like how it sounds... What about pulling a Roush, or Stillen maneuver, and running it out in front of the rear tire well? That might look interesting, flush with the rocker panels. Or, even more interesting, how about the Mclaren SLR application, and multi pipe it right out the front fender (practically..)... I have true dual Flowmaster Stage 2's, as my cousin told me 3's get obnoxious... I am thoroughly pleased with my 2's...

Sean