Best Phone for Mylink?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setme31

Reaction score
I've used a Samsung Galaxy S4 and an LG G2 with the Mylink system on my 2015 Tahoe LT. I've noticed that the S4 played better with the Mylink system. The G2 drops pod casts all of the time, and needs to be rebooted in order to play a different audio stream (i.e. Pandora to iHeart). Neither phone will allow you to use Google maps on your phone when you aren't on the media input on your truck radio. (It will let you use it, but it mutes the phone so you will miss all of your turns)

My question is: Are there better phones for the MyLink system? Does anyone use an iPhone? Can anyone get directions from their phone when their truck is not on Media?

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use an iPhone 6, I don't use Google maps often, but the driving directions come through the Bluetooth when I'm using Waze navigation while streaming music through Bluetooth, so I assume the same would work for Google maps.