Black on Black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i ya'll i have a 97 tahoe and im thinking of blacking it out bumpers wheels and grill but i want opinions from you guys & gals and if any one has pics of the old body style all blacked out PLEASE post some up. i am just having a hard time powder coating over perfectly good chrome wheels what do you all think

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you maybe buy a set of blacked out wheels instead, or is powder coating more economical?

Maybe a black Silverado SS bumper would bolt on there.. I dunno.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do it...my wheels were all chrome too...It was kinda hard to make that decision i know lol..but I'm glad I did it haha, everyone has chrome! Get that thing murked out!

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
price

i was quoted here locally $65 per wheel $45 per bumper and $35 for the grill so this seems cheaper that replacing everything! but i would like to see pics of this done on the old body style like mine.

but hey man thanks for the reply

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as i can see on that little picture im not to fond of the rims you have on it, but maybe if you sell those and eather buy a black set or something like treepete said. ive seen some realllly cool black hoes in the past and now.. id debadge your hoe while your making it all black, maybe get some tail light covers or shade those and the head lights... idk jsut some options..

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
debadge

it is debadged and im going to smoke the oem taillights out. ya i dint care for the rims either but i got them for free of one of my cars on the car lot. so know i like them alot

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and ps. i think boost had an older body style like yours that was a limited one that looks raw man.. i have a picture on my computer and can put it up actaully.. here one sec...

thekl0wn

Reaction score
You could always just ship me your wheels and then buy new ones that are already black.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thek10wn

NICE TRY i dont believe i will be doing any such thing! i dont wont to buy new rims just maybe a change for these wheels

thekl0wn

Reaction score
Those wheels would look sick blacked out on your rig. For black bumpers, I would personally rather have painted OEM's, rather than going over chrome.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your powder coating prices. I say do it.

And nice pick on that old pic of Boost's old ride.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha thanks.. im a big fan of saving ppls rides on my computer then using them as reference.. i jsut dont have tahoes.. i have like 500 some pictures.. lol

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone know if the SS bumper will bolt on that thing?

Sasquatch, check your photo archives for a red tahoe, but had a silverado bumper in the front. It was fire engine red. or a fireman, or somthing.. man. that would work if you could get one cheap. I cant find the thread, but it was an 95-97 truck with an ss grill bolted on somehow. it was cool.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sasquatch, Dude thats wrong that you had that photo. THATS THE EXACT ONE I WAS TALKING ABOUT>

it would be cool if you got one of those. I see them now on ebay, the bumper covers. until now, i thought that was a real SSbumper.

well anyway, GL on the powdercoating.

BigBlackBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my 97 Burb.

IMG_2803.jpg