Brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zsiya

Reaction score
It seems I have a problem with my brake lights. When I turn on the parking/head lights, the reverse lights come on as well. Also, the right signal and brake lights won't function. I've changed the bulbs and the socket board with no change. Any suggestions? Also, if I get LED replacement taillights, would this fix the problem?

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake light switch?

i believe it is located down by the brake pedal ur autoparts store should have it and tell u will it is located for sure

just a thought

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be a problem in the combination/turn signal switch.

bowhunter22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake lights and backup lights are two different circuits. Only thing in common is the ground. Look for broken or corroded ground wires or damaged harness whether they have shorted out and melted together or have been pinched.

Last edited:

zsiya

Reaction score
Well, I finally got it figured out! After replacing the circuit board again, I noticed that the wiring harness connector could be plugged in both ways. I turned it the other way, plugged it back in and now I have brake, turn and reverse lights at the right times!