Brake Pad Life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Auburn

Reaction score
I am at 46k miles and was starting to wonder if I needed to change the brakes (my G35 got about 15k miles per set of brake pads). Good to know there is a noise indicator as I am used to hearing those on my acura and G.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my mechnic has a 05 tahoe, and when i changed the brakes at 38k he said WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT??!! i said because i feel safer with new brakes for all the trips im makeing this year, he said your origional ones are fine and if you really wanna change them, im gunna put these on mine since they still got another 40-50k miles on them. :D and he aint crazy, since he has been in the business for over 40 years.

Well I'm in business for same amount of time and I still havent seen 100 k on brakes on any car or truck...!!. Talking about it and seeing it is 2 different things. You can be the greatest mechanic..ok fine... but talking jibberish and proving it are 2 different subjects. Show me the money!!!!
PS ...if you beleive they had 40-50 k left on them , then I guess you spent your money where it wasnt needed. Regardless of how you feel about your frequent trips.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm in business for same amount of time and I still havent seen 100 k on brakes on any car or truck...!!. Talking about it and seeing it is 2 different things. You can be the greatest mechanic..ok fine... but talking jibberish and proving it are 2 different subjects. Show me the money!!!!
PS ...if you beleive they had 40-50 k left on them , then I guess you spent your money where it wasnt needed. Regardless of how you feel about your frequent trips.

he is using them, i will let you know how far he goes. :yesnod:

keep in mind im not talking about pads, i had the EVERYTHING replaced.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
31,000 miles, and the pads have plenty of meat left on them. Don't like the rotors though! They're slightly warped.

GoldmistXL

Reaction score
Other than stop and go traffic, im usually going about 90-100 maybe more. Sometimes I might be in the mood of a slow drive to show my car, but its mostly fast. The car has too much power to be going slow. I thought my friends 6 series was fast when I had my 2001 Denali, but when I got the 07 I saw some real speed. It limits at about 120, but im taking the limiter off.
My tires are pretty worn out from "Attempted drifts and 360's" and some pretty rough braking. My brakes at 13k suck. They don't stop the way they did when I first got the truck.
I drove a 2008 Range Rover for a week while on vacation, and I loved the brakes. I want the Brembo brakes on my Denali but its like $4k and $3k. forgot which price was front and back.

Love that I'm not the only speed demon, hotshoe on this forum.
Just get the Brembos for the front as they do 80% of the braking anyway.

S

smmperformance

Sounds like a set of performance brake pads from Hawk or Baer are in order... Let me know if you need them, I really suggest them!

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smmperformance, give me your price for baers all 4 wheels on a 2007 Yukon XL Denali.

I just had my 14,00 mile (22,000km) service done, and the dealer told me my rear brakes were done. He said that I had to replace them so he did it for me and gave me 50% off. I still want Baers for now (Cheap way for now) and the Brembos when i get the $$$ :)

S

smmperformance

smmperformance, give me your price for baers all 4 wheels on a 2007 Yukon XL Denali.

I just had my 14,00 mile (22,000km) service done, and the dealer told me my rear brakes were done. He said that I had to replace them so he did it for me and gave me 50% off. I still want Baers for now (Cheap way for now) and the Brembos when i get the $$$ :)

Hi. No problem...
All Front Pads: $75.99
All Rear Pads: $69.99
Shipping: $12.99

We have them in stock and ready to ship ASAP!

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I just get some new brake pads, or replace the whole system?
As I said earlier I speed a lot and ride on the brakes and slam them alot, so which would you recommend?

S

smmperformance

That is entirely up to you... The whole kit will definitely increase over all braking performance and ease of use. We have an 07 Tahoe display vehicle, we used the Baer kit on it, its amazing, but the pricing is up there...
If you have anymore pricing questions, please email us at [email protected]