Brake Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What company/type of pads have you guys been happy with on the Tahoes?

With my Land Rover and Mazda i've always found OEM pads to be the best.
With my girlfriends 4runner i've always found Autozone Duralast pads to be best (plus its $30 for front pads and rear shoes!)

Has anyone used the Autozone duralast line on the tahoe? I've used these pads in a few different applications and have always been happy. I'd love to use them on the tahoe as it'd only be about $40 to do the front and rear.

Or should I stick with OEM? We've always used OEM on the suburban and they seem fine, but ALWAYS squeel after 20k miles.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM are supposed to be the best on Tahoes. I had Meineke put brakes on my 2003 right before we traded it and they felt fine but squealed pretty badly. How many miles do you have on it, most people don't have to replace the OEM pads until 75-100k miles on these things.

I'm putting OEM on mine when they need brakes. Theres a big thread about them over at Z71ts you may want to check it out.

pincusa

Reaction score
For towing, I went with the semi metalic. Squeel and a little harder or rotors, but they stop with the trailer

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need pads myself... I heard and plan to go with hawks myself... heard nothing but the best... I dont want no sqweek or squeel no matter how good they stop.... SILENCE IS GOLDEN!!!

pincusa

Reaction score
For the no squeel, I'd say go with stock. They seem to work well

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id recommend stock if you car is stock... for those of us with upgraded wheel sizes... stock just doesnt hold well.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have no squeal or squeeking with my Hawk FPS pads. I am running them on R1 Concepts Premium Rotors with stainless brake lines. The brakes are great with my larger wheel/tire combo.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no squeal or squeeking with my Hawk FPS pads. I am running them on R1 Concepts Premium Rotors with stainless brake lines. The brakes are great with my larger wheel/tire combo.

Which rotors do you run? Slotted, cross-drilled, both?

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are slotted and crossdrilled.

Cool! This is an upgrade that I'm considering, but I've heard of some people saying that they have problems with slotted and cross-drilled rotors eating their brake pads up. I'm sure that looks awesome!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had an issue with my powerslots or the brembos I ran on my integra back in the day. Be careful about cross drilled tho, I had stress cracks around the holes on the two sets I tried (different manufacturers) and have yet to see any issues with any of the powerslots I've ran.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just bought some SSBC slotted and drilled to put on the SSS with Hawk pads. Hopefully they hold up as well as my R1s!