Brake work cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna say which service place, but I have my Yukon in for some brake work and I just want to get opinions regarding the price. Sounds pricey to me but I don't make my living doing this and I sure don't want to take any chances with brakes. I knew my rear pads were thin, but I didn't expect:

Turn rear rotors
New pads all around
Bleed/Flush the brake fluids and replace

Just south of $500? Is that reasonable? This is a busy, national chain repair place here in the outskirts of Metro DC.

Thanks in advance.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
That's right in the ballpark. They're probably replacing the fluid to be on the safe side. Brake fluid should be changed about every two years because it absorbs moisture from the air and makes it less effective.

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info - thanks

I appreciate it. We use (wife and 2 kids) the Yukon quite a bit for family trips and brakes and tires can't be 'too good' - I am willing to pay to make sure they are perfect. Plus this shop (national chain) gives a good warranty on brakes so I'll have some long term confidence.

Man, you are a wealth of info. Thank you!