Can i put HIDs in my foglights on a 08 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yugoballa823

Reaction score
heyy guys sorry if its a stupid question but i wana put em in my headlights nd my fogs. i kno for my low beams i need H11 but does anyone kno wat size id need for the fog lights? any help wud be great, thanks

batter

Reaction score
heyy guys sorry if its a stupid question but i wana put em in my headlights nd my fogs. i kno for my low beams i need H11 but does anyone kno wat size id need for the fog lights? any help wud be great, thanks
From what I've read you can put 9005 HID into your fog lights, but have to modify to make it fit into fog housing.

I am also thinking about putting HID's in high/low and fog lights. A friend has a friend that has done this on a couple of vehicles already, so I'm leaning to having him do mine, since he knows exactly what he is doing.

What do people think is a fair price to have someone put HID's in high/low and fog lights?

yugoballa823

Reaction score
i called a local shop by my house nd he told me roughly 100 on the fone to install jus my H11s but that sounds way 2 high

batter

Reaction score
i called a local shop by my house nd he told me roughly 100 on the fone to install jus my H11s but that sounds way 2 high
I was quoted $200 to do hi/low and fog light including the modification to make 9005 fit in fog light housing.

yugoballa823

Reaction score
that sounds good considering the work theyll have to do im prob gonna them do the fogs also but im gonna have my lights smoked there also so hopefully he cud gimme a good deal on everythingg

yugoballa823

Reaction score
i also ordered chrome front signal bulbs that are amber wen lit so imma have him throw those in too

batter

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the after market projector headlights and having HID's put in them and getting driver/passenger window tinted to match factory.

Mattahoe

Reaction score
Just did! SWEET!!!

I just installed this kit I got off ebay. I did the 6000K.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/nxcessories

The light output is AMAZING, actually its too good I was highbeamed quite a number of times, but I use them only when needed.

I installed a 6000K H11 kit in my low beams about a month ago and because there is a little light blocker/reflector in the headlight housing my HIDs in the low beams are the same as my halogens were, just a different color, so now my fogs put out the most light :O Guess you can never win! Cant wait till I need to use them in the passing lane HAHA

julio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a 6000K H11 kit in my low beams about a month ago and because there is a little light blocker/reflector in the headlight housing my HIDs in the low beams are the same as my halogens were, just a different color, so now my fogs put out the most light :O Guess you can never win! Cant wait till I need to use them in the passing lane HAHA

i noticed the reflector in my 07 last night. are you saying that the reflector keeps light output the same as the halogen just a different color? that sucks, i was looking for more output. could it be the kit you used? i would hate to buy a kit and be dissapointed. thanks

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats false, HID's in the lower beam are far brighter than stock.
Way more noticable and higher end looking.
I don't know what you'll are talking about relating to reflectors but its not true that it keeps it at stock brightness but just a different color because that is far from true, if anything those reflectors would cause a little glare in the eyes of other drivers because the HID's were not installed on headlights with projector lenses.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats false, HID's in the lower beam are far brighter than stock.
Way more noticable and higher end looking.
I don't know what you'll are talking about relating to reflectors but its not true that it keeps it at stock brightness but just a different color because that is far from true, if anything those reflectors would cause a little glare in the eyes of other drivers because the HID's were not installed on headlights with projector lenses.

Putting HIDS in the stock reflector for a halagon bulb is actully vary distracting. If not aimed right. Aim them down a bit and their fine. It would be great if they were just like stock since HIDs are brighter period than halagons.

BUT some companys made HIDS for reflector with an HID bulb designed to be in a reflector.