cargo rack removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIDE N FLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey everone! i wat to remove the roof rack to give it a sleeker look, but i some ideas on how to fill in the screw holes. any and suggestions is appreciated.

tattootrig

Reaction score
Looking to do the same thing myself... If anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of it (I will more than likely never use the dang thing) Please let us know..

Thanks,
Trigger

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get some clear silicone and fill the holes up.. wont look really pretty up close but it wont leak. i just took my cross rails off and left the side runners, I like the low profile look.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to a hardware store and find youself some set screws that are the same thread size and pitch, put a tad bit of silicone on the threads and screw them in, should look pretty good considering.

RIDE N FLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used 1/4" x 1/4" set screws from home depot with a thread sealant. no leaks, no problem!

chrias

Reaction score
Use body side molding and run it along the roof. I used the 1" wide strip to match the ones on my roof. You will have to chamfer the molding where it will cover the screws so it will cover it properly.