catts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yuhoe96

Reaction score
catts???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys iam wanting to take the cats off of my tahoe when i get my new exhaust installed will it hurt anything to remove them? what is the deal with these o2 censors?

thanks guys

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2224981330001227648qKjsdA_fs.jpg

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
j/k

In the olden days you could remove them with gains, but with computers the way they are now, me, I wouldn't take the chance. Keep them on for optimal flow. If you want to help brathing, add short tube headers, with sensors.

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Legally you cannot remove cats on any vehicle sold in the US for use on the roads. If you have emissions checks or inspections in your area you will fail. If you do remove the cats, you will need to turn off or bypass the rear O2 sensors. Caspers used to make O2 sims but the EPA went after them and fined them big time so you'll have a tough time finding them. There are instructions on the web on how to make your own ;) Aftermarket tuners (like HP Tuners and EFI live) can turn off the codes as well.