Center bezel removal '08 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoliO

Reaction score
Is there a write up on how to remove this trim piece? Mine is all scratched up and I would like to replace it but I do not see any screws. I'm sure it is probably held in with clips but before I start prying I want to know how it is held in. Thx!

WoodTrim.jpg

TahoeJo

Reaction score
Hey man,

That trim piece is held in place with "pressure fit" clips. as you suspected all you have to do is carefully pry it up at the sides, and the clips will individually release, then keep working around it until they've all released. Then put the old one in a box and send it to me since i have the truck style console!!!:emotions33: Installing the new one will be a piece of cake.

RoliO

Reaction score
Hey man,

That trim piece is held in place with "pressure fit" clips. as you suspected all you have to do is carefully pry it up at the sides, and the clips will individually release, then keep working around it until they've all released. Then put the old one in a box and send it to me since i have the truck style console!!!:emotions33: Installing the new one will be a piece of cake.

Thx man! I still haven't bought the new one tho but it is nice to know how it comes off.

TahoeJo

Reaction score
No prob... I work for GM, and at my cost that piece was over $200 canadian... Underneath there is a good spot to stash something small if you need to lol...

RoliO

Reaction score
No prob... I work for GM, and at my cost that piece was over $200 canadian... Underneath there is a good spot to stash something small if you need to lol...

On my 2004 Tahoe there was a lot of room under there. And this console is bigger so it prob has a ton of space. I bought the GMX550 lockpick so I am going to try to mount it down there. I think behind the Nav unit it will prob rattle. The truck already has enough rattles, don't need another. LOL! I also need to figure out where I am going to mount the Ipod connector.
If I can buff out some of those scratches from the bezel I will try. I'd rather not shell out the $150 it costs to replace it. I could use that $$ for the brake upgrade I want to do.

TahoeJo

Reaction score
There already are few modules under there, so it would be a perfect spot to mount the lockpick module. I'm gonna get the lockpick too, it sounds like a sick addition to the oem in dash nav system. Just out of curiosity what kind of brake upgrade are you planning?

RoliO

Reaction score
There already are few modules under there, so it would be a perfect spot to mount the lockpick module. I'm gonna get the lockpick too, it sounds like a sick addition to the oem in dash nav system. Just out of curiosity what kind of brake upgrade are you planning?

On the lockpick...get is from Ebay. There is a place on there (oem-gm-radios) that sells the GMX550 Coastal unit for about $50 cheaper than if you bought it directly from Coastal.

The brakes, I am going to buy a kit off Ebay as well. It is nothing fancy. Here is the item# 290640562331.
I just want some nice looking rotors to compliment the wheels I will be putting on it. My Tahoe has 73K miles on it and I think the rotors are slightly warped. This kit along with some Goodridge SS brake lines should improve the braking a little. It also comes with ceramic pads so that is good. It's gonna cost about $450 for everything but that is not bad compared to the $3K+ it would cost just for a brake kit from Baer or Willwood. And I'll paint my calipers while I am down there to give it a nice clean look. :)