Chrome Polish?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just washed the Yukon on Sunday, and I waxed the roof and hood yesterday when I got home from school. Today, I did the front end and the front doors. Tomorrow, I should finish up with the back doors and rear end. This turned out to be a 3-day job because I only have an hour and a half after school before it gets too dark. :crazy: I'm using Mothers Caranuba (sp) wax, and it seems to be doing the job.

But, I haven't touched any of the chrome; only paint. Is there any type of chrome polish I should know about? Or should I just suck it up and use the Mothers on the chrome? Thanks for the input, I'll post pics when she shines once again :cool:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got plenty of chrome, and I just use Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer spray on a microfiber towel for all of it. Works great. I suppose if there was oxidation or mineral deposits, I'd want a chrome polish, but if it's already in good shape, just use a wax / quick detailer, and it'll look fantastic! :thumbsup:

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright everyone thanks for the input. I'll see if I can find any of those at the local parts store. I'll need some polish because the chrome does look to be slightly oxidized, certainly in comparison to my shining paint :thumbsup: The Mothers really shines. :Chevy: