clearing 08 denali headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uae_denali

Reaction score
I need to clear my 08 yukon headlights is there any shop i can send them for clearing ?

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to clear my 08 yukon headlights is there any shop i can send them for clearing ?
I had mine done from the US and shipped to Dubai. One piece of advice would be DO NOT get them done from any dealer or car place that doesn't specialize in it. They will screw up your light. Also most of them don't have ovens laying around in there shops. lol

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar topic - how do you remove the lights on the Denali!? I saw a few posts for the Tahoe but can't find one for the Yukon.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar topic - how do you remove the lights on the Denali!? I saw a few posts for the Tahoe but can't find one for the Yukon.

Start by removing the tail lights, then working forward remove every body panel until finally you can remove the fenders and grill. After that they just pop right out, piece of cake!

J/K, had to bag on it because I understand it's kinda ridiculous to get them out. I don't know specific steps for Yukon, probably very similar to Tahoe. think I read there were two ways, depending on what you unbolt it comes out the front or out the back. I think one worked down the grill and valance and the other did the fender or something. Pretty sure there was a thread outlining it, maybe Patrykool's thread about modifying the headlight's on the Yukon. But yeah you're probably gonna remove 10 or 20 bolts for this. One thing I remember is someone saying wrap the housing in a towel when removing/reinstalling because it can get scratched badly by the fender going past it. Maybe taping it up would work too.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start by removing the tail lights, then working forward remove every body panel until finally you can remove the fenders and grill. After that they just pop right out, piece of cake!

Ha. I started to read this and was saying to myself, "Noooo, the headlights not the TAIL lights." LOL

Too funny.

jeep450

Reaction score

Service manual does not specify denali so here is the yukon. This should get you in trouble ;)

Remove the 2 forward wheelhouse liner screws.
Remove the 2 washer container push pins.
Open the hood.
Remove the 6 upper fascia bolts right to the hood latch mechanism.
Remove the lower rear fascia bolt from the support bracket.
Loosen the 2 fascia to fender bolts from under the fascia.
Pull the outboard end of the front fascia straight outboard until it disengages from the fender attachment bracket.
Pull the fascia forward and downward to allow enough clearance to remove the headlamp assembly.
Loosen the lower outboard attachment bolts.
Remove the 2 upper headlamp bolts.
Grasp the headlamp at the upper inboard and lower outboard side and pull the headlamp forward to disengage the locating tab.
Pull the outboard side of the headlamp forward until the 2 locating pins disengage from the radiator support.
Disconnect the forward lamp harness connector.

Headlamp Bolt (Qty: 2)

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

Tip
Secure the headlamp using the sequence as listed.

Tighten
6 N·m (53 lb in)

Headlamp Bolt

Tip
Loosen the lower outer fender bolt but do not remove.

Tighten
6 N·m (53 lb in)

Headlamp Assembly

Tip
Upon assembly, align the 2 outer locating pins and one inner alignment tab to the radiator support prior to applying pressure to the lamp in order to seat the lamp

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Service manual does not specify denali so here is the yukon. This should get you in trouble ;)

WHAT!? Where's the step to remove the engine!? :crazy:

Thanks for this! I'm sure it'll be a big help to a lot of Yukon owners.