debadging Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read the articles on debadging the Tahoe, but is the Yukon badges the same, just heat and Goo remover??

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goo Gone doesn't seem to work for me. Do I need a better brand.

Jake

Reaction score
make sure you let it soak in too

when i was doing mine i was lie wtf this stuff isnt workin then i let it set for a min and it worked better

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the 3m!!!! goo gone sux butt!!!

It did get the dealer decal off but that badge adhesive sucks. I gotta wait til monday for the 3m. Oh yeah and some touch up paint hmmmm...lol Oh well nothing a tree branch won't do.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
goo gone worked for me. then my wife just peeled up all the extra and goo goned it up again and i was good to go.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did it this weekend, 3M was the best, started on one, ran over and soaked the other door while I worked on the first door...did the whole truck, plus dealer installed decals :)() in about an hour...waxed whole truck...nice, cleaned it up without all that badging on there. :D

scot w.

Reaction score
De-badging

I'm wanting to de-badge my 04' Tahoe and was wondering if you guys take off the long door gaurds on the sides of the doors too? Or do you just remove the badging?

Thanks!
Scot W.

Jake

Reaction score
Well mine didn't have the molding on the side but I'm sure you can take it off if you want. Its just personal preference. I would debadge and then see how you like it if you think it looks good then keep it on. Like I said earlier mine did not have it so I'm not sure if one the paint will look faded or if there is a big concern with paint coming off. I'm sure its just on there with double sided tape. Some one here that has that will chime in. Imo I would let it ride like it is but its ur hoe treat like u want ur pimpin her out, not me lol