Delicate Bumper Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renny

Reaction score
has anyone else noticed how delicate the paint on the 07 GMC yukon front bumper is? this past winter some a-hole backed into my truck when parallel parking and delaminated a 1.5" x .75" chunk of paint and primer right off the bumper cover:mad2: . on top of that, I nudged a small chunk of ice on a snow bank and the another chunk came off. :cryin: I think this is not what I would call "professional grade". that paint should be a little more resilient. I took it to the dealer to complain and they made up some b.s. about the paint getting brittle at low temps. I think that is a design flaw in the paint. it was only about 30 degrees those days. it's not like it was negative 30. has anyone else had this experience? the only thing that I can think of to protect the front from people backing into is a grille guard. I think that the ones on the market that I have seen really look awful against the sleek lines of the yukon though. Has anyone seen any that are a little different or low profile / less bulky? :skep:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know man, I think it's inherent to painting flexible plastic, the paint on my wife's BMW does the same thing, only a couple of years old.

mynewhoe

Reaction score
I put on a clear bra over the vital areas.
front lip of hood, bumper, behind back wheels and door handle cups. Can't even tell its there. I got it from www.invisiblemask.com

The bumper was a little tough to apply but I did it last so I had a handle on it all by then.