Difference b/w 07 and 09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the other day I got some service done on my 07 LT1 so they gave me a 09 LT1.
Well anyways it was just like the mine in most features though mine is nicer IMO. I did note a few different feature like it having different button marks on the steering wheel controls and A/C controls.
The other three were weird,
1. The car compass and temp. readout was pushed down from the rear view mirror to the DIC.
2. The headlights or DRL turn on after the car is put in gears other than park, that I really liked, I want to get mine changed to that to save my HID's, do any of you'll know how to do it?

Just thought I'd let you'll know about some different features b/w the two years.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I don't but I do have LED's in there.
I was justwondering because it supposedly not good to start the car with the HID's system tryin to come on at the same time, but with the 09 feature it wouldn't come on till I put the car in gear. Does that make sense or am I confusing you?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume when you say the headlites & DRLs come on when you put in gear, you're talking about nite time. My '07 DRLs & headlites come on at nite as soon as I start it. But I can turn them off by turning the headlite knob CCW and releasing. That defeats the auto on and DRLs.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine come on on their own at night and day immediately I start the car. But the loaner I had does not come on at all until the car is put in drive or reverse, then if the car is put back in Park it turns off even though the engine is still on. I like it but I think it is related to the remote start, do you have remote start?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have remote start. My DRLs come on at startup, nite or day. My headlites come on at startup only when it's dark enuf.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, well that feature must be new then, I'll ask the Service Dept. and see what they say about it.