DRL's for '05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpnut2

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to mod the drl's on the tahoe to keep them "on" even when not in gear (while in park)...?

I did a search and came up empty...thanks in advance

EliteTahoe

Reaction score
cannot answer you, but got the same kind of problem. Cannot get the park lights on, while its dark outside.
A little bit expensive here, as it is forbidden to park with driving lights on.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a couple ways I can think of…. Depending on what you are going for?
You could run a line over from the park lights and have the DRL’s trigger when the park lights are on. This would accomplish the goal of having them on in park. I would also diode isolate the circuit to prevent back feeding. (if you don’t he DRL’s will also trigger the park lights)

You could also trigger them on from a toggle switch but I would suggest running switched power to the toggle, as you will inevitably leave them on someday.

If you just want them on all the time (as long as the truck is running) there are several switched ignition sources under the hood, just tap one of them.

dpnut2

Reaction score
Thanks oneradride...does anyone have a diy for the last part that you mentioned, as far as tapping a switched ingintion source? I would like to say on all the time as long as the car in running....

Thanks!

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blue wire is the power for the DRL's, off hand I don't know what color a switch ignition one is, but there is a large fuse/relay center on the driver inter fender well. If you have a test light or a meter I’m sure you’ll find one in no time. When you do, you might only want to use that as a trigger source on a relay, then get the load B+ from the battery
Where pin 85 will be the new trigger that you find. This will prevent whatever circuit you tap from being over worked.
foglite.jpg

http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/relay_basics.htm

DSC04217.JPG