Drop Shocks for a '97 2D 2WD Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'97Tahoe

Reaction score
I am dropping my '97 2D 2WD Tahoe 3.5 inches in the back with leaf springs. i was wondering what the best choice for a drop shock would be. the leaf springs will make it soft so i need to stiffen up the ride and have a smooth ride. i just need to know what is the best drop shock for that application.

:Chevy: thanks in advance for all answers:Chevy:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Belltech Nitro Drop 2 shocks for the front and rear when I dropped my 99 Denali.
They worked pretty well I think, as I didnt notice a whole lot of degradation in ride quality. Its a bit stiffer, but not too bad that its noticable. People that dont ride in the vehicle every day didnt notice at all.

KJLegend

Reaction score
How much would this cost to drop? I have a 97 Yukon 4wd 4dr, would this work?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used this. http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...Suspension&selected_prod_ids=825&partid=40455

It shows the bump stops, but they didnt come with the kit. It also mentions in the ad that you "get shocks unless otherwise noted" these are the nitro drop shocks (if they came with) they dont.

I got the ND2s and they are fine

i ended up using the 3 inch drop, and in the front, i DID NOT use the torsion keys. the front stock adjustment was enough. the rear leafs and drop shackels were nice,.