Dropped Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

Not feelin the grill or marker lights but it makes me miss my obs. I should have dropped it 2/2 at least :cryin:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some dude on another forum, makes me miss mine and figured I'd post up what a 3/3 drop limited looked like.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OO hell yea man.. I think he should of painted the air valence part of the bumper.. idk.. kinda looks a little dirty without it..

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the fogs supposed to be set in like that?
I'd put blackouts on the heads ad park lights, put a Black stainless Tip on it and put an aftermarket Valance under the bumper, or paint the stock one to match the ground effects.

all little things that would really make it a badass truck. or what i would do anyways, not trying to diss on someone elses ride.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they're set in stock, I'd really like to see my old truck dropped but the dude isn't gonna lower it even 2/2. I think it would be perfect dropped just a hair with some strobes and a healthy 408 lsx
DSC01229.jpg

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those pictures you posted are of someone's Tahoe who goes to this forum. I forget who, but he only posted those pictures like a few weeks ago.

I personally think a drop that low looks terrible on these vehicles. Makes it look too long and too close to the ground. The stock ride height on the limited (which is already a 1.5" drop from the other models I believe) is perfect in my opinion.

Man, what I would do for one of these trucks. I would make it a speed machine, that is for sure. I mean, I would keep all the stock components hidden away in a storage area, so when the time comes that these limited edition SUV's really have some value, then I could revert it back to stock... but for my own purposes, I would totally race it out. I'm talking big block, slicks in the rear, beefed up suspension, brakes, sway bars, new exhaust system, etc. It was originally meant to be a performance "SS" Tahoe, but they dropped the SS brand. I'd even go so far as to replace all the emblems on it with vintage 1960's SS emblems from a Chevelle or something. That would be totally awesome.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have to agree, i'd like to find one thats towards of the end of its expected life and turn it into a rediculous Big Block Street Project. (couldn't bring myself to cut up one of the limiteds that was in prerfectly good shape)

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah a 2" drop would be perfect, kinda takes away from the look of the truck but they definitely need to come down an inch or two. I will someday own another limited; bodydropped on black stock wheels rears widened to 15" with one of these under the hood
IMG_1092.JPG

QA1 coilovers, air shifter, gutted interior, 150mph trap speeds :D

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA.. there was one on ebay a little bit ago. it was the whole Limited body, but with no frame or motor. It went for 600 bucks. The paint was outstanding and the interior was never touched. I was thinking about getting it and putting it on my frame, but i knew there was going to be alot of modding involved. But before i dropped it on my frame, id get the frame sand blasted and painted then id 4link and bag the whole thing. Too bad no one on here bought it and did something crazy to it.. Imean for 600 bucks you couldnt go wrong with only 60,000 miles on it..

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** if i would have seen the whole body for $600 it would be sitting in my garage...

ColaCanyon

Reaction score
Yeah this is my Tahoe and I'm on this forum. I posted these pics like three weeks ago. I guess I'd say thanks for the compliments but I'm not really sure there were any in there. lol I've literally only had this thing for like 3 months and it's not my only modded vehicle so I haven't done too much to it yet.

Sasquatch- The valence looks dirty because it is dirty. lol I hadn't washed it in a couple weeks before those pics. I'll probably get an aftermarket painted valance at some point though.

General Stalin- Limiteds are not dropped from the factory. Mine sat just as high as my friends 95 2wd when it was stock height. I love the low long look personally. Just a difference in opinion. I've modded enough vehicles to know that not everyone will like everything you do so I'm cool with that. lol

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh snap didn't know you were on here, I've just never seen too many dropped limiteds. Still wish I had mine, you're on the right track with the mods tho :cheers:

ColaCanyon

Reaction score
You're good man. I was just messing with everyone. I have some stuff in store for it eventually, nothing too major. It's just hard to balance 2 vehicles that I mod at the same time. lol