Dropping A Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s1m0n

Reaction score
A Friend Told Me I Could Drop My Yukon Without Having To Buy Any Drop Kit.. And That All Id Have To Do Would Be Cut 1 Coil Off The Back. Then Crank The Torsion Bars Down On The Front

Is That True

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I definitely recommend NOT cutting the coils. The spring rate will effectively change, making the ride bouncier. Also, the last coil on each end of the spring has a tighter radius. If you cut either one of these coils off, the spring won't seat properly.
The front you can lower by adjusting the keys, but you'll have to realign the front end or you'll wear the inside edges of the tires faster.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
JK, if you replace the keys on the front with a 2in drop keys, wouldn't you still have to get an alignment.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANY time you adjust the torsion bar adjuster bolts you have to re-align the truck. You may not think it changed much but your caster split will be way off as well as the camber. Buy some 3/4ton torsion bar keys from an 00+ silverado 2500 and some rear drop coils with shock extensions or longer shocks and you'll have a 2/3 drop for cheap. Please don't cut coils, that sh*t belongs on a honda.