Ebony interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamaman

Reaction score
I would appreciate opinions and experiences from those of you that have Ebony interiors on your Yukons. I have always been afraid of a black interior because of the heat factor. I live where it is very hot. We have found a Yukon that meets all our criteria except the interior color. Opinons please..

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ebony vs. Cashmere

The Ebony was a concern for me too when we originally made the purchase - mainly just because I thought it might be too dark overall. The cashmere interior is very nice, and I wanted a change since we'd always had flavors of "grey" inside. Unfortunately, my wife was really set on the ebony interior she'd seen on another vehicle.

I guess I'm easy to please, and I really do like the ebony interior. I also live where it's pretty hot in the summer, and I have not noticed any issues with excessive heat. I have all windows (except the windshield) tinted with UV-filtering window film, which really cuts down on the heat in the first place. Our truck is kept in the garage at home where the sun can't get to it. Also, the Denali's auto climate control feature (part of the remote starter package) works great, and we have no issues with burning our tushies or anything when we get in, even after it's been parked outside in 100+ degree heat and sun. It also helps to keep the moonroof "shield" closed when you're parked outside...

I wouldn't worry too much, and I think it's really a matter of personal preference. Post some pics of the new ride after you get it!!

EchoBravo

Reaction score
I'm in the PHX area. We've had a record number of 110+ days this summer and it's not over yet. The black interior of my Tahoe has been no problem. First off, the AC in the Tahoe is among the best I've ever used. Secondly, having the base model, I'm rockin' the cloth.

Black leather might be a different story altogether... But black cloth is not a problem at all.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I was shocked but it grew upon me. Regarding heat I personally think that what counts more is the body color. Unless you don't go with black/black and don't live in TX you should be fine. I have white/black and the heat taken up by the seats is acceptable.