Electrical problems with Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajnavo61490

Reaction score
2004 Z71 Tahoe

Has ~115k miles on it. I have a problem with several things

1. Back doors and back hatch will not lock/unlock (did it all at once random while driving around.
2. Electrical bug with the head unit/dash lights. When my lights are on, the head unit (pioneer) starts to click on and off randomly. I hear a clicking noise while it does this (relay)? Also, when this happens my ABS and service brake system lights come on and also tells me to service 4WD. I also can't change from 2 into 4 or even 4 Auto. When my lights are off, however, these problems do not exist.

Please help me however you can!! Thanks!!!

Scrtcell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st. Question I have is are you getting water in your truck on the drivers side if so your fuse box could be getting wet or damp also there are two relays that control the back doors along with the rear hatch so I would check those and I would disconnect the light circuit on that pioneer radio it is possible that it is wired incorrectly....