Engine light on at 354 miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Reaction score
Onstar says drive it for 50 miles or 4 cold start ups and it will go away. If it doesn't take in into the dealer. We took deliver of it with 215 miles on it 1-31-2009. When I called Onstar and asked them for the code they wouldn't give it to me, they said I had to call the dealer? What do you guys think should I worry about it? We haven't even put gas in this thing yet! I also tightened the gas cap but that didn't help.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks Hope there isnt a problem but I would take it to the dealer and have them pull the code to find out what set the light off.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer and see, don't want anybody to try and BS you later on!

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came on like 27k they said it was a cooling fan relay!! G2 autozone...pep boys otr something and have them run a diagnostic on it!! Write dwn the code n look it up!

02Lightning

Reaction score
got it P1400
DTC Descriptor
DTC P1400: Cold Start Emission Reduction Control System
Whatever that means.

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xTooltipElement
Service Information 2008 GMC Truck Yukon Denali | Avalanche, Escalade, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Document ID: 2085901
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIP4286B: Cold Start P1400 - keywords 6.2 DTC emission engine idle ignition L92 MIL RPM SES startup - (Mar 25, 2008)

Subject: Cold Start P1400

Models: 2008 Cadillac Escalade

2008 GMC Yukon

2008 Hummer H2

Equipped with the 6.2L L92 engine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to was superseded to include a clean date in which vehicles already had the updated calibration. Please discard

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A dealer may encounter a customer concern of SES light and DTC P1400 after a cold start.

Recommendation/Instructions:
DTC P1400 may be setting on low mileage vehicles. Per SI diagnostics P1400 can be induced by any loading of the engine that lowers engine RPM.

There has been a new calibration released to address DTC P1400. Reprogram the ECM and evaluate repairs.

The P1400 calibration was put into production so only the vehicles built before a specific date will benefit from this update.

For Arlington built vehicles (Use 11th digit of VIN number to identify plant of origin, on Arlington built vehicles the 11th digit is an R) the calibration is only necessary for vehicles built before 12/12/2007.

All other vehicles (plants) referenced in this PI received the calibration on 11/30/2007.

If a dealer was to encounter a P1400 after a updated calibration has been installed, complete the current SI diagnostic, make repairs as necessary, and complete a Field Product Report using the newest version of bulletin number 02-00-89-002.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its under warranty so take it asap!

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never did understand people that worry about CELs on, when the vehicle is STILL under warranty. Worry when it's out of warranty!