Exhaust suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FuzzyNeoprene

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm looking for suggestions for a cat-back exhaust for my '07 4D Tahoe. Since it's a family car and my wife won't tolerate much of an increase in cabin noise, low cabin noise (mainly cruising) will be priority. I would also prefer to do the install myself because paying for labor kill me. My reason for the swap is honestly for the sound, so I'd even settle for swapping the muffler alone if that would do the trick. I know that would involve a good amount of cutting, but I'm okay with that.

Thanks guys

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the Magnaflow approved catback muffler since you don't want the whole catback, that muffler would be the Magnaflow 5-11-22, which is what I got with a dual walled tip. I had the same problem you have which is noise levels and my Thaoe is great on sound, not to low but def. noticable!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm looking for suggestions for a cat-back exhaust for my '07 4D Tahoe. Since it's a family car and my wife won't tolerate much of an increase in cabin noise, low cabin noise (mainly cruising) will be priority. I would also prefer to do the install myself because paying for labor kill me. My reason for the swap is honestly for the sound, so I'd even settle for swapping the muffler alone if that would do the trick. I know that would involve a good amount of cutting, but I'm okay with that.

Thanks guys

I would leave it stock since its a family ride.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll second Magnaflow, I have the whole cat back kit...it's just as you describe you want - quiet while cruising, just a nice rumble when you get on it...no annoying drone...not super loud like some others, just a nice, mellow V8 sound. I am usually much more interested in a loud exhaust on my cars (04 GTO, 02 Z28, etc), but the Tahoe is just a cruiser and every day driver, so I wanted something mellow that wouldn't get old...the Magnaflow is that. And quality of the system is first rate, made my last Flowmaster system look like a 3rd rate system...

If you want to cut some costs, you can get just the muffler, but you'll need a welder and some 3" tube...you have to cut the stock muffler out, and the aftermarket mufflers are all shorter than that big monster stocker...so unless you have a welder and can use it, you'll need to bring it down to an exhaust shop and pay them to install the muffler...shouldn't be much more than $50 at a good shop, but you'll have to check yourself...

The cat back system can be installed in the driveway, I did mine in about 30 minutes - basic hand tools and a saw are needed (Sawzall and air tools make it MUCH easier), and some jack stands...

clay2022

Reaction score
+3 just got my Magna Flow system installed yesterday and I love it. Its not too loud but you know its there. :)

stss95

Reaction score
Check out JBA I just installed the cat-back on my tahoe sounds great.