Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JIvey13

Reaction score
So, I am replacing my exhaust with a flowmaster exhaust. I was going to just do the Cat back system, but I got underneath the vehicle and realized that it is a dual catalytic outlet to a single muffler inlet. I know that flowmaster has a direct fit catalytic converter for my vehicle. The question is the placement of the converters on that system compared to the stock system are completely different. Does anybody have these on their vehicle and if so how did they fit? Did you have a hard time getting them to work, and were they far enough off the ground?

2000tahoez71

Reaction score
Do you mean that both cats converge into a single pipe before going into the muffler? Most have two pipes that go into the muffler and exit the muffler as one. If I recall correctly the cat back kit should be labeled as single entry/single exit or dual entry/single exit.

JIvey13

Reaction score
Yes, that is what I mean. I want to replace the Cats as well, I just want to know if the direct bolts on from FlowMaster will work, and if anybody has them, what they will look like.

2000tahoez71

Reaction score
Do some research before you buy. Everywhere I read said that the Flowmasters fitment was junk, and the bungs for the O2 sensor were not in the right location, and there were too many so you would have to cap some off, but they don't come with plugs and supposedly they are hard to find. I just had to replace my cats, and I went with the Magnaflows. Fitment was good, came with all gaskets. Got them put on this weekend and they really have a different sound. Kept my muffler and tail pipe assembly and the newer cats are a little bigger, and give it a deeper sound. I have read that they will eventually rattle probably due to the heatshield. Haven't heard anything yet so IDK.

JIvey13

Reaction score
Yeah, I just checked Gotexhaust.com, and those don't fit because I have the Z71 version of the 2000 Tahoe. The only ones that are showing up that fit are the flowmaster direct fits.

2000tahoez71

Reaction score
I have the same truck. I got the best deal off of amazon. Like 320 I think. That is strange your truck goes into a single muffler inlet. Does it have CA emissions or been replaced at some point? If you're redoing the entire system I don't see why you couldn't go with the 2inlet 1 exit style.

2000tahoez71

Reaction score
Good deal. Like I said the magnaflows appear to be the way to go. I know walker also makes one but people's opinions didn't seem to be too high on them. I would also go ahead and get 4 new 02 sensors and get AC Delcos. Some people say that you only need to get the two pre cat sensors, that the rear two only monitor cat efficiency. That may be true but I went ahead and got all 4. The part number is AFS105 for the fronts and AFS106 for the rears. They were a little over 110 for all 4 on amazon when I bought them.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only replaced my front sensors and it runs just fine..... Got some exhaust work to do myself, someone worked on it and chopped it up pretty bad.....