First Big Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a trip from New Orleans to Atlanta today my Z71 and the whole way I was thinking it felt a little sluggish but I didn't give it much thought until I got 30 minutes from home on 285. First I got ENGINE POWER IS REDUCED so I pulled over on the shoulder and restarted it without a light. Five miles ahead I got the OIL PRESSURE LOW STOP ENGINE and when I hit the brakes to pull over I got SERVICE BRAKES SOON. I limped home and the truck is sitting in my driveway. What could it be, its a '08 Z71 70k miles? I thought the computer may just be going haywire when I got the brake message but they actually are almost to the floor to get good stopping power and the pressure is fine. Should I call and have it towed to the dealer?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd call dealer service and see if they think it's OK to drive in, otherwise have them pick it up. Since powertrain warranty is good for 100K, it should be covered.