Found my whistling noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some time I thought my whistle was coming from underneath the hood, but on my drive to work it seemed a little louder, and it was coming from my driver side speakers. I can hear it on the tweeter by the window, and the speaker on the left door panel. Usually in the morning is when I hear it. Sometimes I don't hear it all during the day...it kind of comes and goes. What may be the cause of the whistling coming through the speakers? It's weird because when I accelerate you can hear the whistle get louder as well. Any ideas? Do you think my aftermarket radio has anything to do with it?

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like your typical ground loop problem. Double check all the grounds and or improve all of them.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like your typical ground loop problem. Double check all the grounds and or improve all of them.

I had my deck installed from a shop. Where would I check my ground loops? Are you talking about the big 3? I've done the big 3 with 4 gauge wires, and I still have the whistling noise.