Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macsimpalass

Reaction score
Hello, i have a 2003 tahoe. THis truck has been great to me. About 9 months ago the fuel pump went out on me. I replaced it with one fro the dealer. Dealer told me it was a known problem with tthe wireing. Three months later it went out again. Replaced it with one from napa. Also replaced fuel filter and relays. The last month it would not start every once in a while. Yesterday it stopped. Fuel pump again. ......... Am I missing something. Its a real pain in the a** to drop the huge gas tank, and i dont want to pay the dealer $1000 to do it. Thanks for any help.

crazyhoe

Reaction score
Its not hard to change it yourself, but If your in dout, its better to leave it to professionals. Any good shop could do it for half the price. dealer will always stick you up without a gun! next time around throw out the gas from the tank and clean the tank, also replace the filter inside the tank and the fuel filter again, the bad gas that **** up your fuel pump in the first place is in your gas tank, clean it out before replacing pump! good luck!!:crazy::thumbsup:

Kev'sHoe

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, first time on the Forum and I really think this is awsome. I have a 2001 Tahoe and had the same fuel pump problem. After changing it twice, I ordered a pump from a Delphi supplier. They gave a pigtail with the new pump that had the four wires side by side, left to right instead of the two up and two down. The problem is the factory connector. I also checked the pumps that I thought did not work and they worked after putting power to them. Since I put that pump in I have not had a problem. I hope that helps you.

macsimpalass

Reaction score
Well thanks for all the info. I replaced the pump for the third time. The fuel filter and the fuel regulator. I also changed the the relays for the pump. I even clean the tank out to. Thanks for that idea. It started right up. So i hope this fixed my problem. Im tired of getting this thing towed home. If it does it again i think its time to get a new one.