Getting there...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BimmerDawg

Reaction score
Installed my custom-painted 24x10 Black Rhino Congos with 305/35/24 Toyo Proxes II today. Drop is McGaughy's 4/5" 2WD kit. Flat blacked every piece of chrome on the truck too. Plan on a decent exhaust, HIDs, intake and side molding delete soon.

BTW: the ride on the McGaughy's kit is honest-to-God stock-like and I highly recommend it to those that wanna go that low. Not a harsh ride at all.

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01467.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love your car, the drop looks fab too, how much did the drop run you and how much like factory is the ride?

aaron72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work on the truck, but just my observation, with the white outline and flat black wheel, it reminds me of a car that's had all of the hubcaps stolen off of it. It could just be the way it looks in the pictures though.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. It reminds me of a Storm Trooper!

Hahaha! Surely this is what they would use as a troop transport if they were on this planet! Funny, back when Halo 1 was out I used to look at the Monte Carlos that were that purplish color, and the body was kinda round and the tail lights were animated looking I guess, I used to joke that this is what the Covenant would roll if they were here.

Back on topic, your truck looks great, clean as a whistle and very good contrast and proportion, you put a lot of work into it. I like the white wheel line, and the bowtie white in front and black in the back. And all the black trim looks really good. I can only imagine how cumbersome if you left the emblems on, or did you take them off to paint? Great job, it's definitely stylin.

BimmerDawg

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I love your car, the drop looks fab too, how much did the drop run you and how much like factory is the ride?

Well, I run a wheel/tire shop, so not much. ;) I think retail is $800 or so for the full kit consisting of 2" drop spindles and 2" spring in the front and 2" shock extenders, 3" springs and new shocks on the rear. And it truly does ride VERY nice and you only notice it's not factory when you hit a series of bumps. Other than that it feels great and handling is much improved over stock.

Nice work on the truck, but just my observation, with the white outline and flat black wheel, it reminds me of a car that's had all of the hubcaps stolen off of it. It could just be the way it looks in the pictures though.

Haha, one of my buddies said it looks like it has whitewalls!

Back on topic, your truck looks great, clean as a whistle and very good contrast and proportion, you put a lot of work into it. I like the white wheel line, and the bowtie white in front and black in the back. And all the black trim looks really good. I can only imagine how cumbersome if you left the emblems on, or did you take them off to paint? Great job, it's definitely stylin.

Thanks! I bought a whole new set of Tahoe emblems and two new bowties front/rear and had my local body shop shoot them flat black (Summit White for the front bowtie) along with the wheels and front grille at the same time. Installation was a breeze, simply placing packing tape over the emblems, putting them where I wanted (didn't get the "GM" emblems, thought it looked cleaner) and removing the tape. Worked like a charm!

Up next is exhaust, side molding delete and intake/software. Maybe swaybars, but we'll see.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Just sick. It looks fantastic.

Please continue to post more pics as you do more to your truck. You should be proud of that thing. Very well done.

/< / /2 /<

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone past one those pictures instead of the link? I can not see them...

Do you have any rubbing with those size tires?

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say, one of a kind! That 'Hoe is something to be proud of. Aces all the way, good job! :thumbsup:

BimmerDawg

Reaction score
Wow. Just sick. It looks fantastic.

Please continue to post more pics as you do more to your truck. You should be proud of that thing. Very well done.

/< / /2 /<

I will, thanks for the kind words!

Do you have any rubbing with those size tires?

Yeah, rubs on the back of the fender liner when I reverse with the wheel turned. But it's a small price to pay for the visual impact, IMO.

joetm

Reaction score
storm trooper is appropriate ... i dont think i would ever lower mine though ... its like turning it into a car that sucks gas with not much offraod capability and worse handling haha

wheels are nice though ... chevy logo in front white logo in back blk?!

good work man it looks mean

MSherr23

Reaction score
I saw a GMC Sierra today that had the bottom part of the side mirrors and the black plastic piece connecting to the truck painted white with black rims. It looked real clean. Check it out if your interested. It made me want to paint mine to match the rest of the vehicle.