GM Parts Direct???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had good experiences with GMpartsdirect.com or is there a better company to buy factory parts from? From what I can tell from their website if you order the wrong part your kinda SOL as they don't take stuff back. And when you e-mail them to find out if a specific part will fit they're real slow at answering.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody posted a pretty bad review of them on here a while back. I think the general consensus is that if you part is in stock and you order the right one, you get a good price. If you are looking for good customer service and somebody to tell you if you are ordering the right part or not, go to the dealer.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone has a bad review of any site. But all I can say is that when I had my Vettes, I ordered from them quite a bit and I always had great prices and service from them. But again, I cant say that they never drop the ball. I had good experiences with them in the past.

08Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gmpartsdirect is actually Flow Chevrolet.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally deal with http://www.gmpartshouse.com/

This guy personally deals with the corvetteforum and his customer service is top notch. You can just send him e-mails asking for specific parts and he will actually respond! :)

Prices are about the same as gmpartsdirect

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gmpartsdirect is actually Flow Chevrolet.

I called them on phone, they were very helpful in getting me the correct parts.

Showed me where I could buy the whole console cup holder unit, cheaper than buying it piecemeal.

freyguy

Reaction score
Always good experiences here as well. I normally get parts numbers from the forums, or call up my local dealer and ask about a part and how much, then just ask for the part number so when I call back in to order it, I can just give them that. Then I plug it into gmpartsdirect, and save a ton of money. ;)

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had good and bad luck. Their pricing is good, their customer service and return policy suck! They only deal via email and aren't very good about responding. It may have changed, but last time I bought from them they didn' show shipping in their total when paying. They only added it to the total after the fact. I thought that was very shady! As long as you know you have the right part number and you can see how much they're going to charge for shipping, it can be a good place to buy. However, I will never do it again.

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try GMaccessories.com They had the best price for the GM exhaust/intake and I looked at 6/7 sites.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called them on phone, they were very helpful in getting me the correct parts.

Showed me where I could buy the whole console cup holder unit, cheaper than buying it piecemeal.

Are you talking about gmpartsdirect.com or gmpartshouse.com??

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally deal with http://www.gmpartshouse.com/

This guy personally deals with the corvetteforum and his customer service is top notch. You can just send him e-mails asking for specific parts and he will actually respond! :)

Prices are about the same as gmpartsdirect

I also VERY much agree with this. Gene is awesome (the guy at Lankford Pontiac-Buick-GMC who runs it all), his prices are great, and shipping is very realistic and affordable. He can, of course, get anything for any GM, and all is packaged well and processed quickly--with responsive emails.

GM Parts House is probably the best GM parts site around, really. I stumbled on them one day after visiting that dealer for a test drive and then playing around on their site and clicking Parts...haven't ordered GM parts or accessories from any other place since.

GM Parts Direct is still the name everyone seems to know...but service isn't that great and their shipping is insane.

Gun50

Reaction score
Need a replacement Sun visor Vanity mirror

Hello All......
I just found this site today..This is my first post...

I have a 2000 ( old body style) Tahoe Limited 78K miles
The door / flap on the drivers vanity mirror broke off.....how,
I don't know but I think it was done while I was having it detailed.
Unfortunately I didn't notice it until 10 days later.
I have since disconnected the power supply to the lights as they were staying on all the time.
My question is there a replacement complete mirror insert or just the door ?
I haven't contacted the local dealer yet.
I'm afraid of the cost........is there an aftermaket company that would have a replacement ?
Does anyone have a good source for the part,
other then my local dealer ?
What is the Pt.# ?

Any and All help would be appreciated..........

Thanx in Advance........Gun