Got a Hypertech Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday I received a Hypertech for my birthday. Its the "Max Energy" model.

So far I am extremely pleased with the results. Right now im running the "regular octane" tune since I just filled up with regular a few days ago, and even on the regular tune I cant believe the increase in power. In a few days i'll fill up with premium and try out the premium tune.

A few questions for those with tuners:
How much did you raise the shift points by?
How much did you raise the rev limiter by?

tekkitan

Reaction score
let us know how the gas mileage has been since doing the tune as well. i am going to be doing a lot of mods to try and squeeze as much as i can from the hoe (intake, exhaust, tb spacer, hypertech tune, etc)

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with a superchips tuner....but nobody responded to my questions about the shift points. My rev limiter went up 500 to 6000, I am running the 91 tune with noticable power increase but my fuel economy has pretty much stayed the same...i pretty much stand on the pedal getting on the freeway though

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill update you guys with how my gas milage is. so far ive only done about 75 miles with it and cant believe the difference it made, especially in the mid RPM range. i also set my rev limiter to 6000RPM but dont know if its safe or not...

MyBlkBurban

Reaction score
Which model did you get and from where? I'm htinking of getting one too - just not sure what I can gain ( mpg's etc...) for the $. I used to have an SCT tuner on my Mustang but that was an 05 supercharged.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Hypertech Max Engergy...A friend got it for me, but I know it was $406 with tax at my local summit racing.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just filled up and noticed an increase by almost 2mpg!

I filled up with premium and am about to reprogram the truck to the "premium tune"...