Got my new (to me) Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bebop

Reaction score
Well, I finally found a Tahoe and pulled the trigger. I found a 98 LT 4 dr 4x4 with posi traction with 124k. The exterior is pretty sharp. There is a minor ding in the rear fender trim and some scratches on the roof. Other than that, it's pretty sharp. The interior is decent. The seams on the front leather seats is split in a couple places and the dash and plastic trim needs a good cleaning with simple green.

There are no visible leaks. I found a little oil on the bottom of the oil pan, but no drips. There was also oil spilled around the spout where it was spilled when the oil was changed. I think it dripped down. It drives great and the only mechanical problem I've noticed is the steering feels a little loose. I don't know the maintenance history so I'm going to take it in and have all the fluids replaced and have a good thorough inspection. Then the fun begins with the modifications. I'll definately be coming back here for some advice and ideas. First things will be cold air intake, flowmaster series 50 and a programmer. Never used a programmer so I'll need a little direction there on which brands you think are better. Oh yeah, I got all this for $3600!!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Cool! Welcome the the forum:beerchug: Congrats on your new ride. Stick around and you'll find out all kinds of info and ideas for your truck. Post some pics when you get a chance.

bebop

Reaction score
OK, I think I got a picture on here but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• Tahoe1.jpg
    Tahoe1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 20

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First word of advice: don't use simple green to clean stuff in your truck. Simple green is kinda heavy duty, and it also leaves a real bad (corrosive) residue. Congrats on the find, though. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That's a good find! Def. like the price. I am fairly new and have found this site to be helpful.

Stalin, your first words of advice are stay away from simple green? Must have been a bad experience lol. Probably recently too.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stalin, your first words of advice are stay away from simple green? Must have been a bad experience lol. Probably recently too.

Well, it's not that at all. I work at a machine shop and we use simple green to clean a lot of the parts we make when tumbling and degeasing, so I have a lot of experience with the stuff. Some of the parts we make we can not use simple green to clean because the residue that it leaves actually eats away at the finish.

pilot brandon

Reaction score
DON'T use simple green, i started to on my dash and it ate away the paint in one spot, once i noticed i stopped and just used armor all.