Has any one had front glass problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my front glass fogging after I went through the car wash, and it dosen't go away, so that means the glass has a defect that allows moisture between the glass layers, this means I need a new window.

On your house yes. But the tahoe only has one pane.

are you sure you have tried everything???

in my 06 i drove with a cracked window for weeks and no issues with fogging that were not taken care of by using the defroster, or wipeing the wipers.

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On your house yes. But the tahoe only has one pane.

are you sure you have tried everything???

in my 06 i drove with a cracked window for weeks and no issues with fogging that were not taken care of by using the defroster, or wipeing the wipers.

Windshields are basically heat bent two-pane plate glass with a thin latex layer between them to prevent shattering. It is possible that there is a defect in the glass... can you see any distortions in the glass in the area of the fogging?

Auto glass other than the windshield will be tempered single-pane safety glass with no latex layer.

A J

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my front glass fogging after I went through the car wash, and it dosen't go away, so that means the glass has a defect that allows moisture between the glass layers, this means I need a new window.

That sounds strange. I haven't ever had that problem. Keep us posted on this.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for clarification (no pun intended) when you say front glass, do you mean your windshield, or one of your front doors???