having a hard time pullin the trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at these hoe's for a while now and the wife and i are now serious about purchasing an SUV. We both love the tahoe and of course we want an LTZ with all the bell's and whistles.

I am really just having a hard time pullin the trigger on this thing - I am not sure if it is the first model year thing that is holding me back or the thought of the new offerings in the 08 model year.

Does anyone know if there is a list or something that goes over the real differences between the 07/08 model?

Of course the other catch is - we found the exact one we want (color combo, etc)- and i know as the 08's get closer, my 07 will be long gone.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2008 model year won't be released for quite awhile yet. If you're waiting for an 08 it's gonna be a long wait. You also have to remember that the 07 is actually in it's second year now. Remember GM released it early to try and help them get back on track. The newer 07 models already have quite a few revisions to them. I don't think GM has even mentioned anything about what will be different on the 2008 Tahoes.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '08's will be the samethings as the 2007.5 models except they'll have 6-speeds.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard only the ltz's would have the 6speed? although i did not know that the denali and escalade already had it - so it may be in all of them, i dunno.

Just not really happy with all the mpg ratings you guy's are reporting - Gm is saying 21 and everyone else on here is saying 15.... big gap there.

I realize most people dont care about that - but it is something i am thinking about - since it is an all highway car.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smoothfrc said:
I heard only the ltz's would have the 6speed? although i did not know that the denali and escalade already had it - so it may be in all of them, i dunno.

Just not really happy with all the mpg ratings you guy's are reporting - Gm is saying 21 and everyone else on here is saying 15.... big gap there.

I realize most people dont care about that - but it is something i am thinking about - since it is an all highway car.

I have a 4 speed Yukon (same as the Tahoe except the sheetmetal) and I do mainly highway driving since I live down South. While I'm on the highway at 55-65 MPH I get between 22 and 24 miles depending on the terrain. I do have stop and go city driving and I'm actually averaging 17.2 miles combined now that the engine has 16,464 miles on it. I don't know if that isn't good in your book but in mine it's fantastic. I say go for it and get it, you won't regret it. Especially the LTZ, I test drove one and it is one sweet ride, it is the reason I ordered another Yukon with the Autoride suspension. It is a phenomenal vehicle for the money.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are fantastic mpg - i just dont like the idea of 12.

I had an 99 sierra with 4.10's and i could get 15mpg and i drove it pretty hard - was hoping for 15-18 average, not 12-15.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you and your wife are looking into SUV's, if it's room you want, this is the vehicle for you and it has decent MPG's to boot. If you are interested mainly in gas mileage, depending on your trade off for power and room....I hope I don't get lynched for this....look into a Honda CR-V. Most other SUV's, large, midsize or crossovers have similar if not worse MPG's than the Yukon/Tahoe. I don't have a clue about the '08 getting a 6 speed tranny, I know they will have a Hybrid Yukon/Tahoe in '08, but I don't know the exact release date on it. The decision is all yours and any person that you come across that owns one of these will tel you there are things they wish were different, but overall I'd say these vehicles are well worth the money. It has more legroom in the front than the Expedition/Navigator and the Armada/QX56. I am not the tallest man int he world at 6'2" but I felt most comfortable in my Yukon than the SUV's I mentioned and my daughter has plenty of legroom in the seat behind me. Hope my long rant helped.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm averaging per the computer of around 18. The EPA is the one who makes the MPG ratings on the sticker, not Chevrolet. In fact the EPA has just announced that they were changing their procedures in doing so because they are no longer accurate to the newer vehicles.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not into the Tahoe, try out the new GMC Acadia or Saturn Outlook crossovers. They're the same size as the Tahoe with better MPG.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe_LT said:
If you're not into the Tahoe, try out the new GMC Acadia or Saturn Outlook crossovers. They're the same size as the Tahoe with better MPG.

I don't think you are entirely accurate by saying that the Acadia/Outlook are the same size as the Yukon/Tahoe SUV's. The Acadia/Outlook are much smaller in size, engine cylinders and displacement and platform. I think they are aimed at the Honda Pilots, Toyota Highlanders and Chrysler Pacificas because the Yukon/Tahoe are full size SUV's.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying MPG is everything - and i actually thought the new mpg ratings were already in effect - but i guess they are not based on what everyone is seeing.

We are going to look at a couple more soon - we want to start looking at the different options - but i think the LTZ is what we are going for. Not too keen on the GMC styling this time around, but we may take a look at the denali as well. Liking the idea of the 6.2 and 6 speed, but i know that means possibly even less mpg...

I did take a new expedition for a ride yesturday - there is really no comparison, the tahoe is just a nice truck.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bear said:
I don't think you are entirely accurate by saying that the Acadia/Outlook are the same size as the Yukon/Tahoe SUV's. The Acadia/Outlook are much smaller in size, engine cylinders and displacement and platform. I think they are aimed at the Honda Pilots, Toyota Highlanders and Chrysler Pacificas because the Yukon/Tahoe are full size SUV's.

The Lambda twins (Acadia, Outlook) are alternatives to the Tahoe/Yukon. The Acadia and Outlook are over 200 inches long. They're large crossovers.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe_LT said:
The Lambda twins (Acadia, Outlook) are alternatives to the Tahoe/Yukon. The Acadia and Outlook are over 200 inches long. They're large crossovers.

Wow, looked it up and compared them and you are right. Virtually identical length and width but not height or engine displacement and cylinder count. The width goes to the Yukon/Tahoe by 0.8" but in the interior, the Acadia comes up 3.4" short on shoulder room. Personally, I wouldn't give up my Yukon for an Acadia but it is another viable choice. I say smoothfrc should still pull the trigger and get that LTZ!!!!

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
I love my Tahoe as it towers over most vehicles in the SUV class and the fuel mileage is decent and it's roomy!, those are some of the selling points about the Tahoe that stopped me from getting an H3.

Smooth move, H3 sucked @$$!!! I had one as a loaner while my Yukon was in for service and boy was that thing horrible!!!! GMT 900!!!!!!!

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick word about gas milage on my 07 LTZ. The dealer redid the computer and it is closer to the miles per gallon than before. I to wasn't happy about the milage until I started doing the math myself. For about the first 6 tanks I just hit the computer and saw what it said and cussed the darn thing. Then I finally did the math myself and it was 20, 21 miles per gallon instead on 17.6, 18 by computer. Now when I check the MPG it's with in a mile of each other or right on.
PULL THE TRIGGER

VF1000R

Reaction score
Picking Up My 2007 Tahoe this week. Got a real deal waiting this late, and discount from the GM and Friends program. To get the same thing on a 08 I would have had to wait at least a year :(.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Picking Up My 2007 Tahoe this week. Got a real deal waiting this late, and discount from the GM and Friends program. To get the same thing on a 08 I would have had to wait at least a year :(.

Congratulations on getting the Tahoe as you will love this truck, ours will be a family member for many years to come, heck my kids will most likely drive it.:Chevy: :Chevy: :Chevy: :Chevy: :Chevy: