Headlight mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TYLER07HOE

Reaction score
I searched for the thread on how to take apart the headlights and paint the amber lenses but cant find it?? Can someone point me in the right direction?? Thanks in advance

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are clips surrounding where the lens of the headlight connects to the headlight housing, i'm pretty sure gently prying those clips and pulling on the lens gently will bring it right out.

Playa70

Reaction score
I believe from reading in other posts that the silicone chevy uses is very strong and most people have had to cut around it to get the headlight apart. This is preventing me from painting the amber myself, I'm just going to paint the outside the same as the car as some other people have done.

TYLER07HOE

Reaction score
all u have to do is bake the headlight in the oven to soften the silicone and pull it apart but i cant remember exactly how to do it. there is a step by step write up on here somewhere but i cant seem to find it?? anybody??

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'07+ Tahoe headlights need to be cut apart at the silicon seam...baking them no longer works as GM has change the type of silicone used which requires a much higher temp to make it pliable...so much more that you will melt your housings before it softens.