Heated seat kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggold

Reaction score
Anyone tried to do this install themselves, my dealer does not seem to interested in trying to do this for me. gmparts#19158411 is a factory part made for my tahoe...

blackdiamond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not too bad. you will have to remove the seats, seat covers, and put the heaters in. then i believe you get a new door bezel with that kit. it should be plug and play if you have the latest gm calibration in your BCM. You might have to go to chevy and get your computer updated. but i would hook it up first and find out. take your time. be patient. hope this helps

Last edited:

ggold

Reaction score
Thanks, just not sure how the seats will go back together being leather , hope I will be able to get the same fit, no folds in material. Kit comes with all needed

blackdiamond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, just not sure how the seats will go back together being leather , hope I will be able to get the same fit, no folds in material. Kit comes with all needed

You will get the same fit just make sure leather is warm when you put it on... Around 95 deg. or so Blowdryer from a distance works great... get the seat kinda moist with leather conditioner then rub it in well. the blowdry it back on. You might not even have to remove the leather just the seat bottom... I cant remember off the top of my head. Just take your time have a few beers ( 1 if you are a light-weight) and use common sense.

ggold

Reaction score
Good idea about heating leather, should make it easier to work with. Pro beer drinker here....

Smokeybear

Reaction score
Well I was wondering how the install of the heated seat worked out . because I just bought a 2011 LT tahoe with leather also and my wife wants the heated seat and did u happen to take some pics?

ggold

Reaction score
Got a appointment for this thurs 12/8 at a custom shop for the install. I blew my shoulder out at work, not able to do it myself. I had another shop look at it, they started, about a hour later called me, said they could not do it... seems factory wiring harness has to be replaced with new harness from factory kit, you would think factory would have 1 harness already installed with extra wires for this. I personally did not look at it ! Custom shop can do it but, I have to take to dealer to reprogram, which I already knew that. I'm thinking maybe a after market kit would have been the way to go, I will let you know. I'm in $300 plus for kit, looking at $400 for install and dealer wants $120 to program.

Smokeybear

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the response. i am going to look into mine and check a few things.

RoliO

Reaction score
Got a appointment for this thurs 12/8 at a custom shop for the install. I blew my shoulder out at work, not able to do it myself. I had another shop look at it, they started, about a hour later called me, said they could not do it... seems factory wiring harness has to be replaced with new harness from factory kit, you would think factory would have 1 harness already installed with extra wires for this. I personally did not look at it ! Custom shop can do it but, I have to take to dealer to reprogram, which I already knew that. I'm thinking maybe a after market kit would have been the way to go, I will let you know. I'm in $300 plus for kit, looking at $400 for install and dealer wants $120 to program.

Wow...is having your butt warm worth that? :) I had an '04 LT tahoe with heated seats and hardly ever used them. My '08 LTZ has them too and I don't care for the option. I did notice that the '04 seats got WAY hotter than the '08 seats when set to max.

ggold

Reaction score
Install complete, all working great feels good on lower back

TahoeJo

Reaction score
Hey man,

Since it's a GM part that sounds like a joke that the dealer didn't want to do it! I love doing jobs like this. This kit is for the front seats only? Just curious because my hoe has middle captains chairs with heated seats also. $400 for the install on 2 seats seems really steep, but all that matters is that you're happy with it!
I really wish they made a massage kit!!! Been thinking about doing a custom install myself, but with the seat heaters already and the passenger presence system in the passenger seat, not too sure about whether it'll turn out like i want it.